Wednesday 6 February 2013

Grooming them brows, lady

I have only had my eyebrows shaped professionally once - and they bled. The lady insisted that they wouldn't then freaked out when blood dripped down my nose and cried. I was very brave about it, but decided I'd stick with DIY after that. 

I think shaped eyebrows make a big difference to your face, to how you look and how you feel about yourself. A little make up to give extra definition makes a difference too!

You can just see in this picture that I have a scar above my eyebrow so the make up disguises the fact that my eyebrow has a bit missing, which without make up makes me look like an escapee from a 90s girl band. 

Without shaping I look like a yeti. 

Top tips for shaping - line a pencil from the tip of your nose to the outer corner of your eye - where it meets your brow is where the line ends. Line the pencil up with the tip of your nose and the inner corner of your eye - that is where the brow begins. 

Pluck from above and below, a little at a time. Don't do them so thin you have to draw them back on, it washes off in the rain and you look like ET. 

Get a pro to do them first to shape them then every week just pluck the strays and weird long hairs that sprout overnight, determined to make you look like a crazy bag lady. 


No comments:

Post a Comment